About our village hall
In 1928, the village hall started out as a wooden hut and served the needs of the community. Faithful villagers' hard work and determination raised £50,000, and together with £150 left from the Queen's Silver Jubilee appeal, enabled the brick building to be erected.
With a £10,000 grant from Lincolnshire County Council, an extension was added to provide a stage area, dressing rooms and storage space.
Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Gloucester performed the opening ceremony in July 1980.